This simple salad is packed with nutrients and flavor. It’s also a really simple way to get those important healthy fats into your diet. Most recently I made this for the Balance & Thrive book club and it was a big hit!
- Spinach, washed and chopped
- Strawberries, sliced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Almonds, shaved or thinly sliced
- Optional: Avocado, blue cheese, bacon
Toss with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. For the dressing combine the following in a mason jar:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
Catalina dressing is also a really great option for this salad!