Life is stressful and it’s also amazing too. It’s this wild mash up of the good, the bad and everything in between.
When I learned how to let all of life just coexist together—to not try to fix, resist or fight against the hard times—to just let it all be what it was, that’s when I found real happiness.
This was one of the biggest lessons I learned through those 7, really tough years dealing with unexplained infertility. And while I’m not sure that I’m grateful for that experience because it truly was heart wrenching, I am so very grateful for so much about that experience—for what I learned, for who I became and for all that I have in my life right now.
I believe that happiness comes when you can embrace all of the messy and meaningful parts in life—when you can show up as yourself, lean in, learn and grow.
Yes, sometimes shitty things happen. And yes, it sucks.
But you get to decide how to respond.
You get to decide what purpose and meaning to give to your experiences, how you want to live your everyday life, and where to put your time, energy and attention.
You get to decide about all of that—and that’s a key piece to you finding happiness.
Here are some resources to help you along the way!
- Happiness Happens, Emily Capuria
- The Gifts of Imperfection, Brene Brown
- Carry On Warrior, Glennon Doyle Melton
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Mark Manson
- Year of Yes, Shonda Rhimes
- The Four Agreements, Don Miguel Ruiz
- Outrageous Openness, Tosha Silver
- The Desire Map, Danielle LaPorte
- You Can Heal Your Life, Louise Hay
- The Big Leap, Gay Hendricks
- Judgment detox, Gabrielle Bernstein
- The Success Principles, Jack Canfield
- Braving the Wilderness, Brene brown
- The Last Lecture, Randy Pausch
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People, Harold S. Kushner
- Unfu*k Yourself, Gary John Bishop
- The Power of Vulnerability, Brene Brown
- Gifts from the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh