1 whole chicken – rinsed, dried & salted
32oz chicken broth
1 tsp chicken bouillon
4-5 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
1 onion chopped
small bunch of carrots, chopped
small bunch of celery, chopped
1 bag of frozen spinach
salt & pepper
1. Place cleaned chicken in pot with chicken stock, some salt & pepper, bouillon, garlic & onions
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour.
3. Add chopped celery & carrots. Cook 1-2 hours on low.
4. Remove chicken and pull apart – returning white meat to pot.
5. Add in spinach and simmer 10 minutes.
6. If you want to add in noodles or rice – I always just do that separately but I prefer it without.
Freezes great! Can serve as is or top with a little parmesan.
Need to simplify this recipe? I get it, happens to me too. Buy a rotisserie chicken, cut it up, toss it in the ingredients above and let simmer on low for an hour or so (until veggies are tender).