Here’s a healthy banana bread recipe that’s a big hit in our house. It’s simple to make and soooooooo good. My little 4 year old chef and I make it weekly. Hope you love it too – be sure to let me know in the comments!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 TBSP flax seed (optional)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup pepita seeds (optional)
1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine.
2. Add in applesauce, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, stir until smooth and fully combined.
3. Stir in eggs until fully combined.
4. Stir in bananas, then walnuts and pepitas until just combined (can also top with nuts).
5. Pour into greased loaf pan (can also use parchment).
6. Bake at 350 for one hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool and enjoy!